Escape The Cape Triathlon
Race Type: Triathlon
Bike Surface: Road
Course: 0.33 mile swim, 10 mile bike, 3.1 mile run
Start: 8:00 AM
Location: Onset, Massachusetts
Address: 184 Onset Ave
Individual Price: $80
Team Price: $125
Course Info: Swim Course This 1/3 Mile bay swim is protected deep in Onset Bay, so on the windiest days, itís calm in Onset. The swim course is a point-to-point style, set in shallow waters along the coast. Weíll walk together from the transition area to the swim start at Shell Point. From there, itís a straight shot back to Onset Pier and under Maxís huge finish arch! Plenty of buoys and boat support will help guide you along the way.
The Bike leg is an out and back course on fast and flat terrain that travels through the heart of Onset Village and Shell Point. During the 10 Mile Bike, youíll pass cranberry bogs and highlight Onset Bay!
Your final leg winds through panoramic views of the East River in local neighborhoods with flat terrain throughout. The 3.1 Mile course concludes near the bandstand with Maxís huge Finish Arch to welcome you! The post race festivities begin from here!
More: Cape Cod with out the Traffic!
If you missed this inaugural race in 2010, then donít delay! You'll experience a beautiful seaside community with scenic views of secluded Onset Bay (no choppy waters here!) This race is hosted on Saturday to give you plenty of time to enjoy all that Onset/Wareham have to offer. Bring your family and friends, as this race has the BEST views of any triathlon! Stick around for our awesome Post Race Festival with sponsors and your included BBQ under the big tent!
Some highlights include:
* Secluded bay point-to-point swim - no buoy turns because we walk on the beach to the in-water start and swim 1-way back towards the transition area.
* Picturesque Onset Bay - the transition area, spectator viewing and post-race festivities are all located together at Onset Pier. Easy access for everyone and steps from town.
* Post-race feast - free to all participants and a nominal fee to guests. Celebrate your accomplishment with some good food, friends and music.
* Giveaways galore - the race has been embraced by lots of local businesses, so theyíre showing appreciation with great freebies (random race #s selected).
* Location: Cape Cod without the Bridges - we referred to Onset as a diamond in the rough since itís beautiful, quaint and full of great shops.. Oh yeah, itís just off the highway, so no traffic hassles too.
* Saturday race - Come for the weekend and enjoy local restaurants, shops and inns. Wareham and Onset are ready to host Triathletes.
* Vendor tents - hand-picked vendors that triathletes always relate to.
* Special Wetsuit Offer - all registrants receive a chance to take advantage of a 55% off special offer from our sponsor Xterra Wetsuits! email us
* Friday Night Pasta Party - help support local fundraising. Pick-up your packet and stop by the event for some cheap and great food. Guests welcome too!
Directions: Take Route 24 South to 495 South (Exit 14A Cape Cod). Continue for approx 19 Miles; bear left onto Route 25 East. Continue 2 Miles to Exit 2 - Route 6/Route 28 Onset/Wareham. Follow for approx Ĺ Mile - Take Right turn at Depot Street. Travel for ľ mile bearing Left after train tracks. Continue on Onset Avenue to signs for designated parking lots.
Register: Click here
Website: Escape The Cape Triathlon
There is 1 user who has tagged this race:
Rate This Race: Below are the current ratings for this race, based on zero respondents. To rate this race yourself, just mouse over each set of "stars" below, and click on the star that corresponds to your view in each category. Your vote in each category is recorded once you click the appropriate star. The composite average rating for the race is displayed at the top of the page. To view the top-10 races, click here.
No updates have been made this race yet.