Auburn Worlds Toughest Half
Race Type: Triathlon
Bike Surface: Road
Course: 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, 13.1 mile run
Start: 6:30 AM
Location: Auburn, California
Address: Bradventures P.O. Box 9042 Auburn, CA 95604
Individual Price: $220-$265
Team Price: $245-$280
Course Info: The 10th annual World's Toughest Half takes place in the scenic Sierra foothill town of Auburn, the Endurance Capital of the World. Enjoy the incredible beauty and challenge of this one-of-a-kind course in a convenient&hospitable town. We offer something different than bland routes with overcrowded fields common in our booming sport. Here you will enjoy a no hassles, grass roots feel, a true adventure into the Sierra and a focus on the athlete. The World's Toughest Half will be a weekend you never forget! Enjoy the new grass soccer park festival venue!
Fabulous, calm, temperate swim (64-73 temp range). World's most scenic and challenging bike course (only 4 signals out, and back, in 56 miles...30 miles of no signals!). Three loops of 7k run course on canyon edge, 100% auto-free in state park. Mix of double track, paved road and gravel road. Elev gain 200' per loop.
Come to Auburn and discover what Ironman age-group world record holder Jeri Howland calls, "The best race I've ever done. An awe-inspiring experience".
More: ENTRY FEE INCLUDES:
* Beautiful race-logoed sport beanie cap.
* Tech fabric sublimated drawstring backpack
* 20% off coupon for Sports Basement.com
* $10 Gift Certificate to Bradventures.com
* Commemorative heavyweight Finisher's Medal
* 3-deep Age Group Awards, beautiful photographic acrylic display piece
* Incredible Finish Line Feast, featuring Chipotle taco bar, ice cold energy drink, Jamba Juice smoothies, healthy treats, fresh fruit, and dessert!
* Camping: RV and tent camping at the finish for ZERO dollars (nacho libre - excelente!)
Register: Click here
Website: Auburn Worlds Toughest Half
There is 1 user who has tagged this race:
Rate This Race: Below are the current ratings for this race, based on one respondent. To rate this race yourself, just mouse over each set of "stars" below, and click on the star that corresponds to your view in each category. Your vote in each category is recorded once you click the appropriate star. The composite average rating for the race is displayed at the top of the page. To view the top-10 races, click here.
There have been 2 updates to this race:
bradkearns at January 3, 2012 10:14 AM|
bradkearns at November 6, 2011 2:29 PM