Green Bay Long Sprint Triathlon
Race Type: Triathlon
Bike Surface: Road
Course: 800 yard swim, 25 mile bike, 6.2 mile run
Start: 7:00 AM
Location: Green Bay, Wisconsin
Address: Ashwaubomay Park, Broadway Avenue, Green Bay
Individual Price: 50
Course Info: Swim
The swim will be in Ashwaubomay Lake, a man-made lake. A buoy line will be available to rest on if needed and will serve as a guide for the finish point, which will have a huge balloon arch. The swim course will start at the north end of the lake, go out, circle around, and return to the north end of the lake. Long Sprint does two loops.
The bike course heads out of the park heading south on Broadway and quickly heading west on Parkview to Glory Road out to Packerland Drive. The route continues into the town of Hobart and returning on Grant Street /Hwy EE back to Glory Road and returning to the park. Miles marked every 5th mile.
The run follows out of Ashwaubomay Park and heads north on Broadway turning around near the National Railroad Museum and returning on Broadway back to the park. Course is very flat. Long Sprint continues past the National Railroad Museum.
Awards will be given to the first overall female and male winners. Age group awards will be given to the top 3 male and female in 5 year increments: 15 and under, 16-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+. Awards to top 3 overall relay teams, athena & clydesdale.
1. Absolutely NO MP3 players, IPODs, radios or headphones allowed on the bike course.
2. Disobeying commands from volunteers i.e., not stopping at an intersection, not slowing at an intersection, is cause for disqualification. Wetsuits may be worn.
3. There is no time limit for the event.
4. Helmets and swim caps are mandatory. Remember to bring them with you!
5. Drafting is not permitted. Penalties and disqualifications will be given for drafting.
6. Please remove all equipment from the transition area after the Awards Ceremony.
7. A bike check for safety reasons will be the day before during registration and also the morning of the event. This is a service the official bike store provides and is not mandatory.
8. Lost timing chips are the responsibility of the participant. The timing company charges $50 to the participant if they lose a timing chip.
9. Transition will close 10 minutes prior to the start of the event, at 6:20.
Directions: FROM THE SOUTH: Take US-41 North towards Green Bay. Take the US-41-BR exit (Exit 163B) toward Ashland Avenue. Stay straight to go onto US-41 BR N. Turn right onto Parkview Road / CR-H. Parkview turns into Fort Howard Avenue, and then turns into S Broadway Street.
FROM THE NORTH: Take US-41 / Marinette Avenue to US-41 South. Merge onto WI-172 via exit 165 toward I-43 / WI 57. Take the exit toward WI-32 / Ashland Avenue / Oneida Street. Turn left onto Vanderperren Way / CR-HH E. Turn right onto US-41 S / Ashland Avenue. Turn left onto Hansen Road. Turn right onto S Broadway Street.
Register: Click here
Website: Green Bay Long Sprint Triathlon
No users have tagged this race yet.
Rate This Race: Below are the current ratings for this race, based on zero respondents. To rate this race yourself, just mouse over each set of "stars" below, and click on the star that corresponds to your view in each category. Your vote in each category is recorded once you click the appropriate star. The composite average rating for the race is displayed at the top of the page. To view the top-10 races, click here.
There has been 1 update to this race:
|westball at March 20, 2012 11:02 AM|