Orange County Duathlon
Race Type: Duathlon
Bike Surface: Road
Course: 2 kilometers run, 40 kilometers bike, 10 kilometers run
Start: 7:00 AM
Location: Lake Forest, CA, California
Address: El Toro Rd & Marguerite Pkwy
Individual Price: 85
Team Price: 108
Course Info: The O.C. Duathlon is the USA Triathlon Southwest Regional Championship for 2012. The course is safe, fun with the bike moderately hilly, but definitely suited to first time Duathletes/Triathletes. The 2012 race will again be a 2k, 40k, 10k Duathlon. The 2K Run is out & back on Aliso Creek Bike Trail and basically flat.
The Bike goes into Santiago Canyon and is quite similar to the O.C. Triathlon course. After dismounting the bike the athletes will run 10K taking them down Aliso Creek Bike Trail and over a couple of hills on dirt trails that will take them to Lake Mission Viejo for the Finish of the race. The Duathletes will be racing along with the Triathletes doing the O.C. Triathlon that starts at Lake Mission Viejo at 7am. This will mean the Duathletes are racing against the Triathletes though each group will have their own Age Group & Overall Awards.
More: 1. You must have your ANSI helmet on and strapped before mounting your bike.
2. You must walk or run in the transition area - no riding ‘til the mount line.
3. You must have your race number pinned on and visible and numbers on your bike and helmet.
4. Do not follow the biker in front of you closely. Be at least 3 bike lengths behind them. It’s dangerous and you cheat the wind and your opponents. This is a position violation, called drafting.
5. Ride your bike in the bike lane, as far to the right as possible. Pass only on the left (temporarily OK outside the bike lane, if safe) and then immediately return to the right. Violation of this rule is blocking. Let the faster riders go through; they’re going for the gold.
6. Read rule #5 3 more times.
7. Rack your bike properly and respect your fellow competitor’s equipment.
8. Follow the directions of the Race Officials and Marshals without question.
9. No head phones--be alert and aware. Know the course.
Directions: From the 5 Freeway – El Toro Road (North) to the Corner of Marguerite Parkway & El Toro Rd; or 241 Toll Rd to Portola Exit, East to El Toro, North to Marguerite Pkwy
Parking for the participants and spectators will be at the Mammoth Business Building Lot (adjacent to the race site on the corner of El Toro Rd & Marguerite Pkwy); the Lake Forest's Caltran Park & Ride Facility (behind the Saddleback Valley Church, access via Portola Pkwy);and other nearby public parking and shopping center lots.
Register: Click here
Website: Orange County Duathlon
There are 2 users who have tagged this race:
Rate This Race: Below are the current ratings for this race, based on two respondents. To rate this race yourself, just mouse over each set of "stars" below, and click on the star that corresponds to your view in each category. Your vote in each category is recorded once you click the appropriate star. The composite average rating for the race is displayed at the top of the page. To view the top-10 races, click here.
There have been 4 updates to this race:
Billleach at November 4, 2011 9:51 AM|
Billleach at December 6, 2010 7:38 PM
Billleach at November 24, 2009 5:03 PM
Billleach at December 9, 2008 3:26 PM